We'd like to start by wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
As you can expect with the arrival of January the team at LJC are working on adapting our sweet tooth, which I guess may seem a little ironic considering we work within the confectionery industry. However with that said sweet doesn't necessarily have to be unhealthy and if like us you find the task of cutting out all junk food rather mortifying then we'd like to show you how you can simply adapt this type of snack as opposed to relinquish it to hell completely.
So what magic treat are we talking about? Fruit nachos, they couldn't be further from there sport accompanying cousins but they sure still do pack a punch in the taste department.
We spotted this recipe from the Super Healthy Kids site but you can pretty much adapt the recipe to suit any child's (or adults) favourite fruits.
- Slice your apples and pear in halves (thinly is best)
- Next chop your strawberries into small pieces.
- Sprinkle onto the apple and pears.
- Melt caramel and chocolate in separate bowls.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl and heat in increments of 30 seconds on a lower power level.
- Stir and heat until melted.
- Drizzle onto your fruit.
- Sprinkle with coconut.